5 Ways to Optimize Your Tradeshow Strategy with Content
Trade shows have long been a popular choice for life science companies, with their proven track record of delivering measurable results and generating immediate sales opportunities. They are often favored by executives who hold the marketing budget because of their familiarity and tangible ROI.
Content marketing, on the other hand, is perceived as more complex and riskier. It requires a higher level of collaboration between marketing and sales, a deeper understanding of the buyer's journey, and a commitment to building long-term relationships with customers. Many executives struggle to understand its value because it often does not deliver immediate ROI like trade shows.
According to Tracy Tasker, who works as a relationship manager for the biopharma team at Life Science Connect, smaller and newer companies within the biopharma industry encounter difficulties when sharing exhibit space with more prominent players at trade shows. As a result, they struggle to engage effectively with attendees.
Using content marketing in combination with trade shows can create a more engaging and personalized experience for potential customers, leading to more lasting relationships and business growth.
Here are some ways to integrate content marketing with trade shows:
- Pre-show promotion of content relevant to the show’s theme or product/service you need to support to generate interest
- Let people know you are going to be at the event if you'll be speaking, doing demos, launching a product, or having a customer appreciation event like a happy hour or dinner
- Use your booth to showcase your content marketing efforts with relevant messaging on banners, screens, or handouts
- Submit proposals to speak at trade show sessions and incorporate those materials into your content marketing strategy to create presentations, articles, or infographics
- Follow up with attendees after the trade show with personalized emails and links to relevant content
- Use analytics tools to track engagement to measure the impact of your trade show efforts before and after you employ these combined tactics
Integrating content marketing with trade shows requires careful planning and execution, but it can be a powerful way to increase the impact of both strategies and build relationships with potential customers.
Let's work together.
Whether you're ready to hit the ground running or just starting and have questions, we're here to understand your goals and explore how we can help you.